One of the big items of news yesterday was that Gmail had been “taken offline”
(see here for more details). Now, that doesn’t mean a
lot to me as with my G1 I can have my gmail offline all the time and have done
since last month, so I was far more interested to see that they’ve also done a
bit of a redesign on the system as well.
Gone is the green label for labels, and in general the colours have turned
more pastelly, more asthetically pleasing.
I have to admit I quite like it.
Looking through the stats for my Flickr
photos today and came across two
referrals from Google
images, both of which bring back links to my
A search for water tattoos
was also bringing back my Water tattoo, but not until page 5.
I’m assuming this is because of this forthcoming
film, so more people are buying the
So we finally got around to ordering DVDs for a whole pound(!) from play.com
on Sunday and I’ve now had two out of three emails to confirm that they’ve
been dispatched. Films ordered were Surf’s
Hoodwinked and Open
Season. Personally I wasn’t a great fan
of the third but haven’t yet seen the other two so I can’t pass judgement on
the other two.
Hopefully will get Hoodwinked today or tomorrow (since I got the “we’ve sent
this” email on the 11th) and I’ve just had the Surf’s Up email today so that
should mean some good cartoon viewing over the weekend.
Wasn’t getting any love from it. So I took it off. Nuff said.
Ok, so it’s a fan-made movie and there are definate hints of Troy, Pitch Black
and Garfield in there, but it’s still a damn good attempt to make a trailer
for the Thundercats movie due out 2010(next year woo!!1!):
Yes, I’ve changed the theme. Again. I found this one that I quite liked. There
might be a few changes in links etc whilst I fix it.
Didn’t do one of these last year. However, I have a couple of things that I’d
like to do, so it makes a bit of sense to put them here.
Ok then, here we go:
- Start an LLB with the OU – not for any career purposes. I just want to do. It’s only part time so it will take a good 5-6 years to do.
- Start work on one of my start-up ideas – I have a few at the moment but don’t seem to have time to sit down and make a start on any of them. That’s going to change!
- Actively search down more freelance/contracting work – this has been pretty static over the past few years, but I’d like to get back into it. I’ve got a couple of things in the pipeline which should come to fruition soon.
- One more – try to hunt down (through Google cache and the way back machine) some of the old posts that were deleted by the crappy people at Netbunch (I would link through to them, but it seems the domain name is up for sale. Funny that)
- And another – That tattoo I want of the dragon? Yup I’m going to get it done this year (hopefully sooner rather than later)
I think that’s about it. Just have to wait and see how they all go.